Internships: Volunteer Services
The WildCare Volunteer Services Intern position assists the WildCare Volunteer Services Manager in helping with administrative tasks, preparing and executing events, managing database of contacts and volunteers and updating collateral and blog posts. This position is unpaid but offers valuable educational benefits such as learned skills in event planning, administrative tasks, volunteer management & training, program development, and community outreach. Click for the full Volunteer Services Intern Position Description.
Looking to intern in our Wildlife Hospital instead? Click here…
To apply for this internship, you may submit an application in one of the following ways:
- Apply online
- Download application (will open as a PDF)
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax hard copy submissions to (415) 456-0594, ATTENTION: Volunteer Department
- Mail hard copy submissions to:
ATTENTION: Volunteer Department
76 Albert Park Lane
San Rafael, CA 94901
Volunteer Services Intern Schedule Requirements
Internships are generally scheduled for six month periods with potential start-dates in March, July and November
March through August — Applications not accepted after January 15
July through December – Applications not accepted after June 15
November through April – Applications not accepted after September 15
Interns commit to 8-16 hours a week in our Volunteer Department. All interns will sign a commitment contract. The weekly schedule to fulfill those hours is flexible with the right candidate. Vacation days must be scheduled BEFORE term begins and be included in an Intern’s commitment contract. Terms’ start and end dates must be committed to in order to ensure a smooth transition period.
- Volunteer Services Interns will be involved in all aspects of volunteer coordination.
- All interns are expected to attend any WildCare events, however, these are not mandatory.
- All interns must read and sign required paperwork and a commitment contract.
- As interns are considered unpaid staff, they are expected to adhere to their schedule as such. Interns are allowed two sick days during the term. Any vacation time must be agreed upon BEFORE contracts are signed and term has begun.Upon successful completion of the term, interns will be eligible for written personal references from WildCare staff.
Please see the Volunteer Services Intern Position Description for full details on the position summary, responsibilities, desired characteristics, and terms of internship.