Employment Opportunities at WildCare
Supervisor: Director of Animal Care
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: May 22, 2020
The Facility Manager reports to the Director of Animal Care and is responsible for all facility maintenance, repair and construction. The Facility Manager must feel comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Keep the facility and grounds clean and organized, including refuse and recycling, bathroom janitorial duties, sweeping, power washing, etc.
- Provide regularly scheduled maintenance for all WildCare equipment, including but not limited to pools, freezers, fans and miscellaneous equipment
- Maintain and manage fleet of WildCare vehicles such as managing rotation of vehicles in accordance with parking ordinances, annual registrations, smog checks, repairs, etc.
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Respond to urgent repair requests including occasional after-hours emergency assistance
- Complete small to medium construction projects
- Oversee and coordinate large construction projects
- Make recommendations for equipment replacement
- Maintain / repair on and off-site caging
- Maintain off-site storage, coordinate delivery/pick-up of onsite items to storage
- Assist with event set up as needed including, but not limited to, the WildCare Volunteer Orientation, Gala and Family Nature Day
- Team with the Director of Animal Care to run annual on-site clean-up day
- Maintain tracking of credit card purchases, receipts. Provide annual facilities budget request. Track spending to stay within budget.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of volunteers to assist in facilities projects
- If time permits, assist Director of Animal Care with procurement of items such as feed store runs
- Minimum of one year of construction or facilities management experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Available to be on-call for emergencies, work occasional weekends, evenings, events and special functions
- Ability to manage and work with volunteers
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Current driver’s license and insurance
- Conscientious about the environment / green
- Positive team player
- Results oriented
- Budget conscious
WildCare is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WildCare 76 Albert Park Lane San Rafael, CA 94901