Donor Advised Funds
Giving through a Donor-Advised Fund
Use DAF Direct if your sponsoring organization participates.
Click to visit the DAF Direct website, or use our DAF Direct interface (to the right):
You may also send a check to:
Attn: Development Department
76 Albert Park Lane
San Rafael, CA 94901
WildCare’s tax ID number is 51-0172331.
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite nonprofit organizations like WildCare.
How does it work?
- You establish a fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program
- As the donor, you can advise on how the funds are invested, which could allow for a tax-free growth that results in more money for your charity.
- You recommend grants to qualified public charities, and the sponsoring administrator handles disbursements, record keeping, and tax receipts.
There are many benefits of DAFs.
- Reduce your paperwork,
- Separate the timing of your tax deductions from your charitable decision-making
- Make it easy to donate long term appreciated securities and other assets, eliminating capital gain taxes and allowing you to donate to multiple charities from one block of stock.
DAFs are easy to set up, and they have no startup costs beyond an initial minimum charitable contribution (typically $5,000 or more). Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. Fees vary by sponsoring organization.
Questions? We can help. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.