Giving through an IRA

If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make a tax-free distribution from your traditional or Roth IRA directly to WildCare for immediate impact.

Please contact your IRA custodian to let them know you would like to make a “Qualified Charitable Distribution” to WildCare. Learn more about Qualified Charitable Distributions in this article.

A Free Tool to Help

We have a free online tool to help you make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) to WildCare in under 10 minutes.

  1. Use this free tool to calculate how much you are required by law to withdraw from your IRA this year. It will also provide an estimate of how much a withdrawal will increase your tax bill and how much of a tax penalty you’ll incur if you don’t withdraw those funds.
  1. Choose how much of that sum you’d like to donate to the WildCare as a tax-free QCD gift.
  1. Follow the personalized instructions based on which financial institution manages your IRA, and then sit back and relax in the knowledge that your donation is helping WildCare create a more sustainable world!


Please have all checks directed to the address below to ensure your gift is properly processed and acknowledged.

Attn: Development Department
76 Albert Park Lane
San Rafael, CA 94901

Are you under the age of 70 ½? You can use your IRA to support WildCare’s work by making a withdrawl and donating the proceeds after taxes.

You can also designate WildCare as a beneficiary of your retirement plan. For more information go to our Insurance & Retirement Plan page.